Magical beginnings since 1940
Welcome to our kindergarten! A home as much as a kindergarten, Chiselhurst, set in one of Toowoomba's oldest and most beautiful suburbs, offers an early learning environment with heart. Through strong, loving and dependable relationships and an environment informed by the lives of children, we inspire and encourage beautiful, kind hearts and confident, independent thinkers. Here we are passionate about delivering a magical, extraordinary beginning that honours childhood and the promise of young lives with an approach that provides a gentle bridge between home and formal schooling.
Chiselhurst Kindergarten is a place where children are allowed to be children, and we inspire growth and learning by nurturing your child’s sense of wonder and innocence, their ideas, imagination and initiative, and their adventurous spirit. Here we believe in the power of human connection and the joy of play in the development of the whole child and awakening their inborn potential.
This is a place of creativity and inspiration...and of heart. A place where the rooms and environments magically cherish and celebrate children - all that they are, and all that they can be. A place that gives your child, every child, a bespoke, magical beginning to their unique and wonderful future.
A Sense of Place & Possibility
Children are innately full of wonder, imagination and creativity. At their heart they are filled with possibility.
A CHILD'S WONDERLAND
There is a place, like no place on earth. A land of wonder...(Alice in Wonderland). Nestled between two large trees that twist and reach for the skies, Chiselhurst Kindergarten, with it's large, natural gardens and beautiful old home in East Toowoomba, offers your child an unrivalled sense of place and possibility. This is a world designed for every child's endless delight, exploration and learning.
This is a kindergarten that puts your child at the very heart. We believe in an authentic childhood and play-based learning. We also believe that every child that comes to us is wonderful and innately powerful. Here possibilities are endless. Our purpose is to support parents in nurturing their child’s curiosity and awakening their child’s confidence and potential.
A CLOSE COMMUNITY
Chiselhurst is a small but strong community kindergarten where we all combine with love and respect- teachers, families and the wider community - to assist in the delicate work of developing young hearts and minds. We are focused on fostering strong relationships with children and their families, between children, and with the wider community.
An Experience of the Highest Quality
Chiselhurst Kindergarten is proud to hold an Exceeding rating for our early childhood education and care, demonstrating our commitment to the outcomes for children and their families.
Since 2012, all centres throughout Australia are rated against a National Quality Framework (NQF) and must obtain a NQF Approval to operate. The National Quality Standard sits within this framework and comprises guiding principles, quality areas, standards and elements. There are seven quality areas which capture aspects critical to the provision of quality early childhood education and care and for which we are evaluated. These are:
Educational program and practice
Children’s health and safety
Staffing arrangements, including staff-to-child ratios and qualifications
Relationships with children
Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
Leadership and service management.
What makes Chiselhurst unique?
- The almost 100-year old home draws both children and adults alike, with its charming character and welcoming, homely atmosphere. The pressed metal ceilings, original fireplace and the nooks & crannies inspire exploration and imagination.
- Our spacious and beautiful natural grounds, with large trees and extensive play areas (sandpits, bike tracks, fairy gardens and wooden forts), fascinate and excite, inviting children to immerse themselves in a world of play – to run, climb, dig, create, imagine, wonder, laugh, enjoy, dance and explore.
- Our team are both committed and experienced educators with the child at heart. They are dedicated, innovative, willing to try new things and directions and constantly updating their skills and knowledge. They are highly regarded in the community.
- As one of the very first community kindergarten's in Toowoomba, Chiselhurst gives a voice to people of several generations. We have a strong, proud history.
- Beautiful, classic wooden chairs, easels and puzzles purchased many decades ago are still in use. This commitment to quality remains today.
- Our small groups and consistent hours encourage strong friendships and support the ‘culture of children’ and prepare children for life’s journey. Our small, inclusive community also inspires strong relationships with staff and lifelong friendships between families!
A few kind words...
Play & Discovery
Reserve Your Child's Magical Adventure
We would love to welcome you and your family to Chiselhurst Kindergarten. Please don't hesitate to contact us or visit our beautiful kindergarten. We suggest between the hours of 9:30 am and 12 pm when you can see the children engaged in the days program. Or express your interest today by completing our Waiting List form.